Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Jacoby Burger: Yongsan

     Last weekend we went down to Yongsan to hang out with friends and go see John Carter, but first we had to go to lunch of course. We've been hearing a lot about this Jacoby Burger and decided it was time to give it a try. Suffice to say, it lived up to its reputation.

     The burger paties are flown in from Australia, and never frozen. They are made from rib-eye and briscut, and they are good. I of course ordered mine medium-well, it was tender and juicy, and basically melt in your mouth. Each burger is 100% customizable which is perfect for me.

     My burger had bacon, pickles(which I scraped off because it was actually sweet relish), pepperjack, a hashbrown, bbq sauce and grilled onions. The hashbrown was a bit odd on a burger so next time I'll go for something else.

     Now think about how much you pay for a burger if you go to say Red Robin, or Chilis. You're probably paying between $8-13. Now granted those come with sides, but trust me when you catch a look at this 10,000 KW (about $9.50) you will be amazed.

Now THAT'S a burger!

     The sides were about $4 a piece, but we ordered two sides between the four of us and didn't even manage to eat it all.

Two ginormous sides
     They also have a burger there for about $20, called The Gut Buster. Now in the states this would be one of those challenges where if you eat it all in x amount of minutes its free. This puppy is huge. We were lucky enough to have someone order it while we were there.

THE GUT BUSTER
     After lunch we hurried off to see John Carter in IMAX. I think I was to excited for it so it wasn't as good as I was expecting but it was still really good. It felt a little long, but in reality it was about two hours. The 3D was fantastic though, and it was a good story so I really enjoyed it. It did end really abruptly though, I felt like there should have been more. Hmm I'm thinking sequel?

     I also finally got my cute little cupcake I've been wanting! I was so excited!


     Yes, I'm eating it at home, I'm sorry I didn't get a picture of the shop. The little red flecks are dried strawberries, which I wasn't expecting. It was called a caramel cupcake, but as far as i could tell the only caramel was a drop on the top, so I was disappointed. It tasted more like a strawberry cupcake.
Was it worth the $4? Well, yes, I guess I paid for the cuteness, because I love cute things. Taste wise was it a $4 cupcake? Maybe, that's stretching it a bit, $2.50 or $3 in a heartbeat.

     Well, I'm off to get my haircut hopefully. So for now anyeong-hasseyo.

No comments:

Post a Comment