Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Long Days Are Worth it When I See Him

    So I've been having a difficult time adjusting to life out here in Georgia. My days and nights are mixed up, I can't get out of bed in the morning and when I do I usually just go watch tv and end up falling back asleep. Then, midnight rolls around and I'm still wide awake, usually trying to get the puppy to sleep because he's wide awake from sleeping all day too.


     On days that I do manage to get out of the house I feel a major sense of accomplishment, as if going and running errands is really that big of a deal.

     I guess my odd schedule is really my own fault, or my DH's more specifically. You see on the weekends I either go see him on post or more recently get to bring him home. Neither of us really sleep much during the week, so when we get together we tend to crash. At first we'd go park the car under a shady tree and just talk until we fell asleep, but now that he's phased up, I can bring him home. Neither one of us really had the intention of falling asleep for 4 hours, but we crawled into bed (we don't have a couch yet) and before we knew it we were both so comfortable, finally together, that we woke up and realized we had slept the day away.

     Neither one of us really mind, we are just happy to be together, whether awake or asleep. It just tends to wreak havoc on our systems.

     Anyway, on days that I do manage to stay awake, and actually even on days that I don't, the time until I get to talk to my DH absolutely drags.

     Lately I've been exceedingly lonely and homesick, I miss my family, I miss my job, I miss actually having some semblance of a schedule. Of course I could force myself into a routine, but I tend to lack the self discipline for that. The only thing that gets me through the day is the possibility that I may get to see him that evening.

     On the days that I do see him it makes all the long lonely days worth it. Even if it is only for an hour, I go home with a smile on my face, so glad that I dropped everything and moved out here.

     Even though I complain and I am sad a lot, I count myself lucky. So many other wives have husbands in Advanced Individual Training (AIT) that don't even get to see their husbands until its done, because if the training is less than 20 weeks the army wont pay to move dependents, which is why I packed what I could in my car and left everything else, but that's another story. I may not get to see my DH everyday but  at least I get to see him every week, and for that I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment